Objective: To promote WMC presentation November 13, 2012 to:
(1) learn foot reflexology techniques to relieve head and back pain
(2) make donations to Wounded Warrior Project
- What is World Massage Conference? World Massage Conference 2012 is the fifth annual virtual massage conference and will be the largest event in the history of massage education, with more than 15,000 massage and bodywork professionals from around the world already registered.
- Why is World Massage Conference important to Wounded Warrior Project? Paula Stone of The Stone Institute will be presenting Therapeutic Reflexology to Relieve Headache and Back Pain on November 13, 2012. Ms. Stone volunteered to donate proceeds from her presentation to Wounded Warrior Project. Ms Stone’s presentation will be:
Therapeutic Reflexology to Relieve Headache and Back Pain
Pain is the number one reason for seeking bodywork. At least 78% of the adult population will experience a tension headache at some point during their lives. Reflexology is clinically proven to relieve pain, including the nagging pain headaches cause. Learn how reflexology provides quick, precise, detailed assessments to identify causes of pain in the head, neck, shoulders, and back. View and learn reflexology techniques to ease discomfort and pain, either as reflexology alone or along with massage and other allied practices.
- World Massage Conference is actively promoting the event, which is open to massage therapists, reflexologists, and healthcare providers around the world. Participants pay a nominal conference registration fee, which grants access to Stone’s seminar and continuing education (CE) units.
- Wounded Warrior Project will receive a donation (a percentage of conference registration fees) from participants who enroll through a special code. Participants can log on from anywhere in the world. Foot reflexology techniques relieve pain, making it a perfect transportable skill to any environment, population, and health challenge. Ms. Stone is seeking partners to make the conference a success for Wounded Warrior Project. For information, email Ms. Stone at [email protected] or call (636) 724-8686.
Paula S. Stone, MA, BS-Ed, author of Therapeutic Reflexology (Pearson Education, 2011) and professional articles on reflexology, massage, and bodywork, is an internationally recognized expert in reflexology. Stone’s reflexology curriculum is the second in the U.S. to be accredited by the American Commission for Reflexology Education and Training. Recipient of numerous awards, the Reflexology Association of America recognized Ms. Stone in May 2012 for her vision in reflexology education, and Cambridge Who’s Who Named Ms. Stone Professional of the Year in Reflexology 2011-2012. Ms. Stone’s interest in the Wounded Warrior Project is the result of being the third generation of a military family, marriage to a West Point Graduate and career Army officer, and her interest in scientifically-based healing therapies that produce results.